Friday, March 30, 2012

Number 7

I did it again.  I finally got the little grey and white pregnant kitty on Fernwood and Webster Avenues.  She was SO easy.   She came right up to me and the big scary carrier I placed in front of her.  No fight, no struggle!  What a good good girl.  Isn't she pretty??

This is a shot of her belly, she's big!

And here you can see her in full view. 

I am so thankful I got her.  And I am so thankful to Wendy from Another Chance Pet Rescue for taking her.  Wonderful group they are.  For sure.  If you are ever able, please make a donation to them, or help them by becoming a foster for them!    I can't believe this is the seventh cat I've removed from the street.  I love this poster, it says it all, and no, I have not done the calculations on the seven cats I've removed thus far...  :)  but I am sure its amazing.

Another thing that blew my mind this morning...  I was coming from behind Wally's neighbor's house after feeding the four kitties there (this is also where I rescued Buster and Laura), one black, one red, one black and white, and one black.  I think they are all males.  Anyways, I was walking toward my car and a person was walking toward me.  As she got up closer, I observed it was a black masculine looking woman.  I heard her ask "where are you coming from", and I told her from behind the house, I was feeding the kitties.  She said "do you know about that dog on the porch?" and I said "what dog?", and I looked, and sure enough there was a large dog sitting on the porch that I had just walked past, sitting there silently.  I said I don't know.  She then walked over to Wally's door and knocked on it (yes, it was just 5:30 am.!).  Wally came, said it belonged to the dude upstairs to the house, and said it was alright.  She came back toward me, and muttered something, and I thought she had said, or asked, for five dollars.  For a second, I thought, here we go again, someone asking me for something in this neighborhood...  so I said, did you say you want to give ME five dollars?  And under the streetlight, I could see her reach in her pocket and pull out something, and she ruffled through it and walked towards me and handed me $5.  I immediately started to cry (I know, I am a NUTcase), and she could see my eyes tear up and she took me and hugged me, and told me I was a good person, and before I could say anything, she turned around, walked up the steps, past the dog, and into the house.  OMG, I was dumbfounded.  Here was this total tough looking stranger, I thought she was going to kick the *tar* out of me, and she gave ME money.  Life is crazy, but I'll take it!  Have a wonderful weekend!!
"No heaven will not ever Heaven be;
Unless my cats are there to welcome me." ~ Anonymous

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the grey & white kitty - she is beautiful. You've done amazing things with all the rescues, esp. the pregnant ones!! Have a great weekend - talk to you soon. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine, you inspire us all to be better people. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not a nutcase, you're amazing! The gray and white kitty is gorgeous and I'm so glad you got her before she popped! God bless you and Another Chance Pet Rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine...you continue to amaze me every single day. I'm SO happy you got the gray/white girl!!! She's simply beautiful! I've said it before but I think it bears repeating...you are making such a difference in this world. And I am proud to "know" you. Happy weekend to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I am tearing up again! Thank you all of you SO MUCH for your comments! They mean the world to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janine, you are absolutely incredible and so are the people at the Another Chance. I ♥ U!! - Kristin

    ReplyDelete