Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Did It Again...

Speeding, and rescue!  Cops...  Either you love them or you hate them.  Most days, I love them.  But not this morning.  On my way out to Newark this morning, I was driving on 104 and some jerk thought he would play games with me because he was driving, and passing no one, in the left hand lane.  Apparently, I came up behind him too quickly for his taste, and he thought he would teach me a lesson.  As I got around him, and went back into the right hand lane, he decided to start playing games and getting right on my bumper.  So, a little further ahead, and not where I normally get off, I turned and got on the back roads.  As I was driving, with the sun in my eyes, and in unknown speeding zone territory, I was driving a little too fast and a police car driving towards me caught me.   Suffice it to say, its not been a great morning!

It was, however, successful in the fact that I got a little pregnant tabby kitten off the street - another Grand Avenue baby.  Yesterday afternoon I was offered the opportunity to rescue the kitty to go to a foster home through Another Chance Pet Rescue.  Thank God for them.   She was getting pretty big!  As I looked in her face as I dropped her off at her new foster home, I could tell she is very young.  Maybe 7-8 months?  So sad when they lose their 'kittenhood'.   I can't wait to hear more details on her, and when she is actually due to give birth.

In yesterday's post, I mentioned Buddy, Rufus and Me.  Last Friday I was presented with the opportunity of someone wanting a cat under a year.  Well, Buddy fit that bill.  This couple were looking for a companion for their female two year old cat.   With much hesitation, due to the fact that I have fallen in love with Buddy, and he is best friends with Rufus, I brought him over and left him.  I felt terrible.  Usually, when I rescue, the cats pretty much immediately go to their new homes.  But with Buddy and Rufus, and Midnight and Buster, I've had for a few months now, and of course you become attached.  I hope and pray, and am told by his new Mommy, that he is doing well, and slowly adjusting.  But how does Buddy feel?  Can cats have separation anxiety?  Do they feel grief?  I have noticed Rufus is not his old self.  He used to run like a madcat around the house, and he isn't doing that anymore.  The two of them were terrors together.  I do hope that Buddy is adjusting, and that Rufus will get his old mojo back.  Only time will tell.  I will keep you posted on progress for both. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janine - sorry about the ticket. Take heart in that Buddy will get tons of attention in his new home and that should make you feel good. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,
    Gotta be careful on 104. I live in 315 land, and the cops are wicked out here. I do not like the cops out here, they are nasty son of a guns. So when out in this part of 315 land, be careful of your speed, and anything other thing you can. They'll get you for anything out here.
    I'm so proud of you for what you do. I'm part of Four-Legged Friends, and I know just how hard you work at what you do. No one ever said it's easy, but most don't know just how hard it is to protect those poor little ones that can't take care of themselves. You're a good woman Janine. God Bless

    ReplyDelete