Monday, December 16, 2013

Can You Dig It?


I don't have much time this morning - it takes me forever out there in the morning when the snow falls - I posted on Saturday what it was like out there, and then we had about 10 inches of snow fall that evening - all I can say was I did a lot of digging.  I had to shovel pathways for these poor kitties to get around.  I saw a few pop out of the shelters I have placed here and there for them, so that was a good thing to see, but they had a very hard time getting around in the snow.  Keep in mind, most spots I had to wade through were up to my knees, and I had to cut paths with my feet in some places that I just could not shovel through.  I call it shuffling.

Charlie Sr.

I rescued another kitty on Sunday morning.  Charlie Sr.  He is a beauty.  Kristin and Darrin delivered a shelter on Central late Saturday morning (below) - and Charlie was there.  I picked him up and he was literally shaking.  I could tell Kristin was disturbed by this.  She called me later that day and said her mother would foster Charlie if I could get him.  We met back there later that afternoon, but Charlie was not around.  I spotted him early Sunday morning, peeking out from the shelter, with snow knee high, and I grabbed him.  There was no struggle, he was a willing participant.  And what a lover he is.  He is up for adoption, anyone interested?  Don't forget about Abby!  She is a beautiful girl, just waiting for a home.  I plan on rescuing Gordie sometime during this week.  He is the grey kitty from Garson.  I made an appointment for him for neutering on Friday.  He will also need a home, please spread the word!  I need people to help me with fostering! 


Here are some other pictures I took this morning. 

Hayward (click on for closer look)

Baldwin

Milly & Morgan - Short Street

Outside the Short Street shelter


Pennsylvania & Fourth
Have a Great Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janine.....I thought of you this weekend but unfortunately couldn't get over. Kristin is an angel sent to help you....thank you so much for your big heart and thank your mom for taking in beautiful Charlie. Another kitty saved.....yeaaaaaaa!!! Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's awesome that Charlie's getting fostered! Yay Kristin's mom!

    Those two orange kitties that look like Pumpkin are breaking my heart. How can we get them off the street? I'm glad they have thick fur because it's -2 deg out tonight. I keep thinking about and praying for all the cats and dogs that are outside tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I seeing things or does Charlie Sr. look left eartipped?

    ReplyDelete