Monday, March 19, 2012

The Monday Herald

Wow, what a weekend.  First off, a little late writing today, after having dropped off and picked up my car that needed a new catalytic converter.  For all you non-gear heads, thats a $700 part of a car that is really not needed, although the state requires it.  That hurt my pocketbook today, for sure.

Second, here is an updated picture of Taffy, the pregnant kitten I rescued about three weeks ago.  She is due any day now to give birth, and she is one happy little kitty!  Linda writes:  " Taffy is a cuddler but she gets spooked easy....i rubbed her belly....lower than I usually do the other morning and she bite me...lol so I think protective Momma is starting...she hasn't warmed up to start snuggling the other kitties but I think that will be more apt to happen after the kittens are born and gone. They don't mind her anymore either but if one of them wants to sniff her or something she will start to growl a little at them...(protective mother thing again i bet) she has some hiding spots around here too. One of them is IN my couch....lol  My couch is so old and ripped up that the cats have torn the fabrics and will get "into" the couch and hide. She has discovered this spot so I'm gonna get some cardboard and block off the entrance cuz I don't want her having the kittens in there. I would guess she's gonna be due in a couple weeks cuz her belly has grown. I get sad watching her sometimes cuz she just wants to be a kitten and when I think of her being thrown into motherhood so quickly it makes me sad...."
Thanks Linda for keeping me posted with her! 
Next, here are pictures of Laura.  Laura was one of the two pregnant, full-term kitties I rescued last Thursday morning, and had them spayed that day.  Sparkles was returned the next morning to her spot, and I am happy to report that yesterday and today, she was running to greet me.  That is major surgery, so when you see your kitties out there again, its such a blessing to know they are OK. There is always that worry.  On the other hand, Laura was not doing too great for a couple of days.  Her wound on her belly was not healing fast, and she was very lethargic.  Laura has needed the most love from a human that I've ever seen in a cat.  She is the most precious, gentle, sweetest girl.  She just wants to be held.  I could not let her back out into the streets.  Not only is she still a kitten, she is the prettiest fluffball I've ever seen.  She needs a home, bad.  I cannot keep her.

Next is picture I took of Scooter and Cosmo, two best friends.  These are two of my own.  Cosmo is on the right.  Lets just say Cosmo is 'special' - lets just say the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor! :)  I love Cosmo immensely, but you could drop a bomb on the floor next to him, and he wouldn't move.  He is very very slow.  Anyways, its a cute pic.  On top of that, Cosmo is about 20 pounds.  Can you tell?



As far as this my feedings go, all the regulars were out, including the second Grand Avenue kitten that is pregnant.  I have hopes of rescuing her tomorrow.  Julie from Another Chance Pet Rescue has a girl that is willing to foster the little girl.  Wish me luck on that.  The black kitten I rescued last week, that Four Legged Friends took for fostering is apparently a little too wild, and will most likely be spayed and returned this week.  Here is her picture from when I got her that morning: 

Sad, but its the reality of whats going on out there.  We need  to put an end to the overpopulation of unneutered animals.  I hope that will be the last pregnant baby I see for a long while!  I have two spots in April for TNR'g.  I hope I can get some females!  Jackie is still in need of rescue.  She is little older female, she is the one that gets in my car and just wants to be held and snuggled.  Its a heartbreak for me to leave her every day. 

Tomorrow my post will be about Buddy, Rufus and me, and the pain of separation.  Remind me!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww....I have such a soft spot for the blackies....she is cute too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janie,
    Thanks for bringing Laura to Beyond Hardware today. She is such a wonderfully sweet girl, I know there is a home out there for her.

    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22568054
    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete