Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Monsoon Minute

As I was out this morning, just close to the last couple of stops, the skies opened up for a few minutes, and I was drenched.  Lovely.  Not a good hair day, for sure.I thought about the places I had gone to already, and what was covered and what wasn't.  There is one spot, behind Wally's neighbors house, that is exposed.  I hope the food didn't turn to mush.  The first stop I make on Grand, there is just one cat that comes up to me now, after having rescued FOUR pregnant cats from that street alone this past month.  And don't forget the other cats I rescued from there over the past year... there is Ivan, Midnight, Buster, Buster II (who just passed away), Oreo, Cloe, Phoebe, Buddy, Nikki and JuJu, just to name a few.  Unbelieveable how lucky I've been in finding them homes.  Anyways, that first stop there is just one cat that runs to me, he is all white, and he is unneutered.  Must get him neutered! 

I had no luck this morning in spotting the pregnant gray and white kitty.  I feel terrible I missed that opportunity when she first came up to me on Monday.  Just terrible.  There is, however, another female that I JUST CANNOT TELL if she is pregnant or not.  A pretty tabby she is, but either she is fat and looks like a loaf of bread, or is pregnant, but there is no hardening like a pregnant cat.  I can feel nipples, but not girth, like I have felt with the past pregnant kitties.  I wish I had some help in determining this.  Maybe she will be one of the two I can get to the clinic for the appointment I have through Habitat for Cats on April 11th. 

I had a nice birthday day yesterday, and I thank everyone for their well wishes.  I guess the older you get, the more appreciative you get not for the actual age, but the fact that you are still above the ground!  There is still so much more I want in my life, I just have to slow down.

"Life is principally multiple choice, but at the end there's a tough essay question."

No comments:

Post a Comment