Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thats Life!

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." 

So true.  I consider my self to be a good person, with a good heart, but I still get my share of something going wrong, each and every day.  My gutter came down recently (not the first time) due to rotting wood underneath it - the gutter is normally attached to the garage that's roof is barely there, growing moss on top of it.  The other three sides are all cracking and peeling.  As I was standing at my garage last night, I looked at the house, where the wood on the porch is rotting, paint peeling...  and that was all after I turned the dryer on, for the SECOND time for the same load, to run another 40 minutes, because the dryer is dying.  And that was after I got home and parked my car with the muffler with the hole in it.  Boy, could I go on and on and on. 

My one thing though that I would ask of you is that if you or someone you know has a futon or gently used bed to donate, it would be appreciated.  I've been offered twice now a futon by two different individuals and after waiting and waiting to get them, both deals fell through.  I can't tell you how disappointing this is to Wally, the man I have befriended,  Wally has nothing in life to look forward to due to his unfortunate circumstances, being an elderly black man on a very low income (SSI).  I hate thinking about having to tell him this latest news about not getting the futon.  He sleeps on a bed (he has no couch either) that the coils are coming right through.  I feel terrible for him.  I wish I could win the lottery, he would be the first on my list to help out.  This cat business is killing me.  If I didn't have the expenses from feeding the cats every day, I wouldn't be a wealthy woman, but I would be able to afford $100 to have my gutter fixed. 

Sorry -- TMI?  Maybe.  Otherwise, I had a lot to tell you about the kitties, and one story in particular, but I've forgotten.  I must get a tape recorder and tape my thoughts cause they fly right out the window if i don't write them down.  The post I wanted to write I thought of last night, and of course, 12 hours later I can't remember.  Oh well. 

This very nice lady I've recently become acquainted with read the story about Jackson.  Sure enough, I did 'feel behind there' and discovered Jackson is a girl.  So, this lady suggested she be Jackie, which I like.  Jackie it is!  I'll also bet that this very friendly stray, who is desperately wanting to go home with me, is fixed.  She has not been nor does she show signs of being pregnant.  Time will tell.  I am also hoping to get some TNR'g done soon, thanks to two offers recently.  Thanks everyone for reading today.  Make it a great one!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment