Thursday, March 29, 2012

One Beautiful Moment



Today's post will be a little different.  I want to share something inspirational that was shared with me yesterday by a woman named Sharyn, who dropped off some cat food for me at work.  Thanks to her and her Mother for doing that.  Sharyn has a Daughter named Jessica who has become what I consider a true friend of mine, and I have met them through my blog.  Jessica is the one who is helping to design my blog, to be a little more pleasing to the eye so to speak.  Thank you Jessica, Sharyn, and Sharyn's Mom! 

To briefly update this morning's route, I got soaked in the rain.  Oh well.  All my usual suspects were out, except I didn't see Big Red.  Jackie continues to jump on my lap when I open the door, and I towel dried her as best as I could, she was soaked.  Don't these cats know enough to get out of the rain?  Same with Fluffy at my last stop.  And no sign of the grey and white kitty.  So sad.  And still can't tell if the tabby is pregnant or not.  I just can't tell! 

One snap of the shutter, and there it was...  one beautiful moment captured in time for eternity.  The late summer sun reflected in the breaking wave made the water look like liquid gold splashing onto the shore.  If I had not been there with a camera, the wave would have gone unnoticed, like so many others that have come and gone, seen only by God.

Who can imagine how many waves a lake or an ocean has sent rolling onto the shoreline?  Yet each one is unique.  As seen in every wave, God makes extravagant beauty out of seemingly mundane things.  Using water and air, He makes wondrous works of art.  We enjoy His gallery in skies above and on earth and sea below.  But most of earth's beauty remains invisible to us; it is seen only by God.

God uses another gallery to display His glory - humans.  We too are made out of something ordinary - dust.  But to us He added an extraordinary ingredient - His very own breath.  Like waves of the sea and flowers of the field, our lives are brief and seen by few.  Yet each one is a beautiful "moment" created by God to say to the world, "Behold, your God!" whose Word will last forever.

Only one life, so live it well,
And keep your candle trimmed and bright;
Eternity, not time, will tell
The radius of that candle's light

No comments:

Post a Comment