Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wishful Wednesday

I wish all cats were spayed so that I would have less mouths to feed each day.  I may have an opportunity to do a widespread sweep through my area to TNR a bunch of cats.  If it comes to fruition, and I will tell you about it then, it will be a blessing, truly.  In the meantime, as I was out this morning, and went to each spot, I started to count the kitties that came to me.  It does seem to be dwindling as more and more have been rescued, and TNR'd.  Lets see...  3, 1, 4, 1, 3, 3, 1 (Sparkles), 4 (Jimena, Bully, Angel, Mike), 1, 3, 5 (1 is Jackie), 4.  Those numbers have seriously gone down.  How many is that???  33?  Yikes, thats still too many.  But remember, a few of those numbers, the cats are already spayed or neutered.

I have yet to get an update on the pregnant kitten I rescued yesterday, who is being fosterd by a girl named Sara, who is with Another Chance Pet Rescue.  Thanks to them for coming to MY rescue once again. 

Laura is doing wonderfully.  She has turned into a very very sweet loveable cat.  I place her in the carrier and set her out in the living area with the rest of the clan so she can get used to more busy environments, and other critters.  She cries, but its good for her.  I am hoping to get her tested very soon, and get her adopted out very quickly.  She is all alone in a room and is very lonely.  I would say she is a young female, not more or less a year old.

"Do the best you can, and be good to yourself so that you can above all be good to others."

3 comments:

  1. Widespread spaying?? That would be great!! Let me know when and how I can help. I now have a few carrier too. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm excited to hear about this spaying event! Will keep my fingers crossed for you that it all works out. What excellent timing that would be right before (or in the midst of) kitten season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be so awesome to get all those cats fixed! :D

    ReplyDelete