Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Love is in the air...

I was thinking as I was driving around this morning, thinking of what I was observing.  At each spot, all 13 of them, I see an average of 4 cats.  Some are right out in the open and come running to me, most actually, but some I don't see all of the cats at a particular spot until I am just pulling away, and then they all come out of the woodwork.  I think about springtime, I heard the birdies chirping, birds that I have not heard all winter.  I think about all the cats that are going to be mating soon.  And all the new litters that will be produced.  I also think about the spaying that should be going on with all these cats, and how I can't do it alone.  I know I keep asking, and I will continue to keep asking for help with this regard.  If I could get one or two from each spot neutered, there would be less heartache in the future.  One clinic I use I can barely get one appointment a month.  I need help with transport mainly, and I am only able to trap one cat if I have the opportunity, due to time constraints, letting them back out, etc.  I am just not that professional when it comes to trapping and getting it done.  So I ask for help!

I am proud of one thing though.  I managed to pill two cats with Clavamox, ones I suspected of having upper respiratory infections.  I place it in a little ball of wet food and placed that in the dish.  They gobbled it right up without knowing a thing!  I also found out that Jackson may be a girl also!   I 'inspected' her as she got out of my car this morning for her morning cuddle.  I am terrible at naming cats!  Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh! Maybe Jackson's name should be Janet or Latoya! haha!

    ReplyDelete