Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Did It!

Yes, I trapped Sparkles this morning.  She didn't like it one bit, but she is in the trap in my back yard, ready for transport to a clinic in Batavia where my good buddy Sue, President of Another Chance Ranch http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NY705.html (not to be confused with Another Chance Pet Rescue http://www.anotherchancepetrescue.org/) got two appointments for spaying.  And a wonderful girl by the name of Vicki is going to do the transporting to and from Sue.  Sue lives in South Livonia, so its a big drive for her, so Vicki will be the go between.  I also got Laura, who is an adult female from Grand Avenue that I also suspect to be pregnant.   She was easier - she allowed me to pick her up and throw her in the carrier.  Both are in my backyard now, miserable as can be, but will not be reproducing anytime soon after today.  Thank God.  I thank Vicki and Sue too!  

Thats all the good news.  Here's the bad:  There are two kittens that I am 98% positive are pregnant on Grand, out of three.  The third is a female and needs neutering anyway.  They are very early in their pregnancy, I suspect.  I need to get clinic appointments fast for these young things.  One is a very fluffy black female kitten, with the prettiest face I've ever seen.  Seriously, her eyes are beautiful.  And the other is a little baby tabby, kind of like Taffy, who I rescued two weeks ago, also pregnant.  If anyone would like to foster a pregnant kitten, I could get them easily, they are very sweet little things that gobble up the food each mornign when I arrive.  I must get them off the street, at least get them spayed, and quick!

4 comments:

  1. Good Job Janine!! Two in one morning - that's hundreds of kitties off the street in the long run. Wish I could foster one of the 2 kitties but my house is full. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Janine!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG Janine! Congrats on a VERY successful morning out in the trenches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone! The hard part has yet to come. Letting them back out there. I hate that so much. And then knowing there are still two pregnant kittens before my very eyes each day after that until I can either find a home for them, or get them spayed, which at this point won't happen until mid april. Thank you though for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete