Thursday, March 1, 2012

Good News!

First, please check out the new buttons to the right!  How exciting, and thanks Jessica for helping me with this!

OK, I will give you play by play.  The abandoned cat:  My cop friend called me in the afternoon to tell me she had called Brighton PD to ask them to go over to the woman who owns the Hayward house's other residence in Brighton.  They told her they had just arrested the woman the day before for growing pot in her house!  Anyways, she was out on bail, but wasn't responding to any requests to come get her cat out of Hayward.  So, cop friend gathered with the humane society and animal control to meet the fire department over at Hayward house.  Of course, was still in contact with Supervisor Tom at Animal Control, who also went over and didn't hear or see cat.  When cop friend and other authorities went yesterday, they STILL couldn't see cat nor hear it.  Finally, after I told cop friend to make the kissing noises, and really listen, they heard her, and then saw her through the window!!! So then the fire fighters wedged opn the window with a crowbar, everyone went in, and the cat ran.  Here were four uniformed big men and cop friend all chasing a cat around this empty house!  They did get her and did confirm there was no food or water.  Thank GOD I persisted on this one!!!  Poor Baby.  Last report is that the cat in in the stray holding area at Lollipop.  Would rather have her there eating and drinking for now than suffering in this house.  This woman that owns this house is evil!
This picture is of one of my spots.  Let me tell you, I am NOT a slob, but people have been placing odd things there, and I have to make the best of it.  Someone placed those boxes in the middle upside down, with good intentions obviously.  This is where someone has been putting slop down too.   But at least I have warm containers the kitties can go into in the cold, they have not been stolen yet!  And in the corner in the back, there is straw under the board, and blanket.  So, this is a pretty good shelter in my opinion.  Thats Angel in red, unnamed in black and white, and tiger is Jimmy.  Bully is on the railing watching.

Another bit of GREAT news!  My buddy Julie has taken in the very very pregnant cat, now named Tabitha, brought her for testing, she tested negative for disease, got her shots, etc., and will be giving birth to what we think will be MANY babies any day.  She is ready to POP!  I am SO thankful I went back there after my rounds on my way home.  I prayed and prayed and prayed she would be there.  Thank you LORD!  I have an idea, I would really like to print up some fliers and place them on peoples houses, with her picture on there, ask them if they knew they had a very pregant cat right in front of their eyes and shame them.  Of course I will word it well, but I also want to add some statistics of how many more cats they would have on their hands if this cat had remained there and given birth outside.  There are already five more on that corner.  And two have been rescued just recently and are in the care of my friend.  She took 'Buster' in who tested positive for leukemia and FIV, amongst many other problems, and is caring for the little guy until his end.  She has been making him as comfortable as possible, and I" and that cat will be forever grateful for her huge heart.

I have SO much more to share, but thanks to a wonderful reader from California, Chris, who sent me a donation.  I am blown away by complete strangers' generosity sometimes.  Truly truly blown away.  No one can quite understand how much of a difference it makes to me with a little help here and there.  To all of you, and you know who you are, thank you so very much. 


Picture here is of my next problem - this young female under a year that is pregnant.  Its the tiger.  I must find a clinic that can take her immediately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment