Friday, March 2, 2012

Dreams are Free, so Free Your Dreams...

Life without dreams would be so dull.  I live in a fantasy world when I dream.  I have had the most insane dreams throughout my life, recurring ones that include lions, tiger, bears and kittens!  Always in the woods, always a log cabin.  Thank God for recurring dreams!  I also dream of a world where we have no sadness, no cruelty, no homelessness.  Its a dream that most likely will never come true, but thank God I still have the ability to dream.


If you recall, there has been a second pregnant cat out there, one not as large as the cat I rescued Wednesday - Tabitha.  A friend told me about a person inquiring within her rescue about taking in a pregnant cat.  My friend, in turn, have me her number, I called her, she said she would love to take the second pregnant kitten.  I went out this morning and rescued this second pregnant kitten!  Here is her picture.  She refused to open her eyes with each picture taken, so you can't see how big and round her eyes are!  She is a very young, very sweet little girl, and so so grateful to be INDOORS on my bathroom window ledge watching the birds at the feeder for the day, until I transport her to the meeting spot to meet her new mom!  I am so thrilled about this!  I worried so much about not being able to get this cat 'fixed' before she had her babies.  I believe with her being so young, she could have the babies at any time even though her belly is not as swollen as Tabitha's (still) is. 

On a sad and final note:  I received the following from my friend who took in the kitty I rescued that was emaciated - and he turned out to be positive for both leukemia and FIV.  She named him Buster - yes, i have a Buster too.  Here is what she sent me this morning.  Heartbreaking, but so thankful he had a such a loving caretaker for his final days :

Oh Janine - Buster died this morning.


I got his window seat up last night, set him on it and opened the window. We were looking out at the night and I thought he might get closer and sit in the ledge but nope - he sat right next to me then leaned into me. He'd probably had enough of the outdoors.

He ate good right up to the end - when I turned the light off last night, he was chowing down some canned - he was up to a can a day plus eating dry. But I guess the ravages of his diseases were too bad and there was no turning around. I was just hoping for longer time with him. He was sooooo sweet.

Goodbye, sweet Buster.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about buster. You both made his final days peaceful. You did good.

    ReplyDelete