Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Got my car fixed, its my birthday, fixed my muffler...  love that Geico jingle sung by Verne Troyer, the little guy.  Yes, I am 39 today (again).  Never ever did I think I would still be trying to help rescue cats, but here I am, still doing it, and at full speed.  If I had my way I would never be doing this crazy business.  Just before I had to force myself up out of bed, I thought what a luxury it would be to NOT have to get up and get ready to go out and get out of my car at least 13 times during a one hour span, and go and place food and water for the cats in the hood.  I feel this way every single day.  But I must, and as the article about me mentioned, it means a cat will go hungry today if I don't do it.

In yesterday's post, I mentioned a pretty gray and white cat that was very pregnant.  Someone from Another Chance Pet Rescue stepped up - again - and I am ever so grateful, and feel bad too by the same token - and offered to take her.  I could kick myself that I didn't have my carrier with me yesterday.  I went to the location three times this morning, but no sight of her anywhere.  I feel terrible.  I will be trying again for her tomorrow.  A cat that does come up to me regularly at the same spot, she is a tabby, I felt her belly just out of curiousity this morning, and wondered if she is pregnant!  I just can't stop feeling bellies!  This one I can't tell!  Its INSANE.  I will keep an eye on that...  At the next spot, for the first time, up came the most beautiful, fluffiest light gray cat I've ever seen.  Of course I had to check to see if male or female, and it was a male, and young.  And very very pretty.  Jackie still continues to jump on my lap when I open my car door on Second.  She is such a sweet cat.  It breaks my heart every morning to have to shoo her out of my car.  I must get my camera out tomorrow, and get a picture or two.   Maybe someone will adopt one of these little guys.  

As an update, Laura, my little FIV has now been allowed to roam a little through out the house.  There is a bit of hissing, but she is better off to start slowly this way, so that she is not as lonely.  I will continue to do this each morning, and monitor her.  I think the other girls are a little jealous, she is very beautiful and young. The picture below is of Barney, who I dressed up in a doll t-shirt.  Poor boy.  Have a wonderful day!

Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work, and a bit o' fun,
Give us all in the struggle and sputter,
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Janine - have a great day!! You deserve it!! Treat yourself to something other than a car repair!! Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Janine!! Who's Barney and what happened to the poor thing? He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh long story on Barney! I rescued him last Winter a year ago from streets, his ears were frostbitten, he had barely any teeth left, he was just a mess, but was begging me to rescue him, so I did. He wound up going to a man's house that couldn't care for him properly, so I took him back! Read up on him by doing a 'search'! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I just realized that today is March 27! Is every other person I know born on this day??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must all be GREAT people! HAHAHHAHAHA! :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Janine! I hope you have a wonderful day. What a gift to know the impact you are making in this world. And don't ever believe that you're not! Best wishes to you for a great year...xo (and good luck with pretty gray/white girl!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Chrissykat for all the support you have shown me since reading my blog! You have a wonderful day yourself! XO!

      Delete