Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's Tales

"To succeed in life you need three things:  A wishbone, a backbone, and a funnybone."

Isn't that the truth?  I am so glad I have all three.  I am glad I am able to see the humor in life, and I am the first person to laugh at myself for doing one of the million stupid things I've done in my life, and even in conflict with others, and as I get older, I let things go now, its just not healthy to carry misery and burdens - I hung onto things when I was younger, and all that got me was wasted time...  There are lots of people missing one of those bones...  :)

Two things I discovered this morning:  Jimmy is now Jimina after reaching back there and discovering he is a she.  You have to realize I go out in the darkness of the mornings, its sometimes hard to tell who is who and what is what, and Jimmy just looked like a boy to me this whole time!  But no, he is a she, and her new name is Jimina.  The second discovery is that I believe Sparkles, the kitty on 4th and Pennsylvania, is pregnant.  She is a sweet little thing, runs to me when I pull up, rolls on the ground in front of me, but is wary of me.  Sometimes she gets close to me, and sometimes she won't.  She got close to me this morning and I put my hands around her belly for the one split second she allowed me to, and I think she is.  Not sure what I am going to do here.  I have a chance to get two cats neutered this Thursday through Sue at Another Chance Rescue, which is mainly a dog rescue, and I had already chosen two of the three very young females who actually let me pick them up on Grand Avenue that need to be done, but now I have to rethink this.  And I would most likely have to trap Sparkles, and not sure if she will fall for it.  So, its a tough call what I do.  I have already contacted Habitat for Cats for appointments but they can't give me anything until mid-April.  So, I just have to cross my fingers, and pray that these females keep their tails down!

3 comments:

  1. You need to trap her and fix her now!its the only way to stop the awful cyclethat the ferals are in. yes its horrible to fix a pregnant cat , butthink about this.....IF (thats a big if) she does deliver the kittens safely, these poor babies could end up dying from starvation, cold, or worse,being eaten by another animal. If they do survive through the early stages, they are only going to live on the streets,as their mom has been, struggling to survive. The goal should be to stop this horrible cycle and care for those that are already in it...The ONLY way to do that is TNR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am aware of all you say. I do plan on trying to get her for the appt. I have this Thursday, although if I am unsuccessful, I won't have an appt. after that until April 11th. I can only do so much myself, please remember that. Is there any way you can help? Do you know of a clinic? Would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pictures Janine~ Don't judge me, a girls gotta pay her bills... and i also like your wisdom about letting things go... i love you bean. I admire you the mostest! Mel

    ReplyDelete