Monday, March 5, 2012

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.

Isn't that the truth.  We all face obstacles in life.  How we deal with them is what defines us.  I deal with obstacles one at a time.  Head on.  I think that makes me a strong person.  Tough on the outside, but so soft on the inside - there are others that have a hard time facing their obstacles, and their lives show it.  They are the ones in poverty, in despair, just getting by each day.  People like Wally, like Miss B. I spent a little time with Wally yesterday, and for being in his situation, which he carved out for himself, he is still a nice man.  He makes me laugh.  Wally is a black man, in his early to mid-60's, although walks and looks older - he has dreams, and gets sad on occasion because of the obstacles he faces by being in the welfare system.  I can only do so much to help him, to cheer him, and that I do, because we have a really fun repore together.

Anyways, this is a picture of Tabitha, the kitty I rescued last Wednesday off the street, who delivered her five babies two days later, on Friday.  You can sort of see her kittens, but I will try to get a better picture.  I went to visit the new mother Friday after work, and held the tiny things.  They are the size of my finger, so so tiny.  But so so precious!  Speaking of Friday after work, I also met with the girl who took the second pregnant kitty I rescued that morning, from Hayward.  She is not as far along as Tabitha was, so there is time.  She has a vet appt. set up tomorrow, so fingers crossed her testing comes out clean for any disease.  By the way, she has been officially named Taffy!  Love it.  Great stories this past week!


I wanted to share with you this picture...  its a paper plate with a note left for me on the porch where the crazy person goes and does crazy things with the shelters and door I had as protection from the snow with straw under neath.  On the other side is a note that I had left after this nut case finally broke the door in half, and destroyed the only thing that was protection for the cats on this porch.  My note said something like:  "Congratulations, you finally did it.  You broke the door so that it can't be used for the cats to cover their straw which is keeping them warm and dry this winter.  Did it make you feel good?"  And then ended with "I am sure God is proud of you!"  The next day half the door was placed back covering the straw, just barely, but it showed this person had some compassion in them.  A few days later I got this note back on the other side.  I am sure it was written by the same person - who else would write this, and take a look at the nutty boxes he/she wanted me to check off: 

I hope you can read it - if not, I will bring the actual plate in tomorrow and type it out for you.  Nutcase.  There are two sweet cats at that spot that greet me each morning. Both SUPER sweet.  One has URI, which I need to bring medicine for, poor baby.  I keep forgetting to bring.  I will have to place in tuna so the kitty should be unaware of the meds in while gobbling this delicacy.  I had one of the red kitties there TNR'd months ago.  Funny, this cat was practically full feral, and now it runs to my car and meows.  Still won't let me get too near him, but more trusting of me, for sure.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janine, I can't read the plate. Can you post what it says. Thanks Rose

    ReplyDelete