Monday, April 2, 2012

Prince Harry

Well, meet the latest.  I was out feeding yesterday morning, Sunday, and at my sixth or so spot, I was greeted, the second time in a week, by this little boy, and he appeared to be limping this time.  What a sweet little boy too.  I left, not even aware that I had my carrier in my car, and thought, he will be ok.  After I finished up my route, I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I drove past this spot on my way home, and there he was, still.  I scooped him up and didn't think twice about it.  He is an unneutered male, probably seven or eight months old, pure gray and the longest, fluffiest, softest fur around!  I had to give him a name, and because of the length of his hair, named him Harry (hairy!).  I found out late yesterday that a very very kind hearted person is willing to sponsor his vet care.  Thank you Karen, and Julie, for pulling your strings.


I also observed three pregnant cats this morning.  One is barely over six months old, if that at all.  I almost believe she can't be more than five months old.  I am heartsick.  This little girl is a total fluffball, but won't let me too near her, although she does stand on the sidelines watching me, waiting for me to leave food so she can devour it.

One good piece of news:  Taffy, one of the first of seven cats that were pregnant that I have rescued in the past month had her babies Friday.  She lost one, but there are four surviving beauties, that I will share pics with you when Linda, Taffy's foster mommy, shares them with me! 

I have so much more to share, but will have to wait until the next post.  In the meantime, have a great day!

"We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little
at a truth we find bitter,"

No comments:

Post a Comment