Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Proof!

I spoke with a few people yesterday that went to check out the house that the cat is trapped in, one being the supervisor at Animal Control, another a city cop who I just love to pieces, big animal lover.  Both went and heard nothing.  I've heard that cat the past two mornings when I am there at 5:45 am., as I heard it again this morning.  These two folks - well, its not that they don't believe me, but its hard to fight for something when you aren't sure of the circumstances, which I can't blame them, but with me hearing the cat, and knowing that there is no one living there, I have to think the worse!  Anyways, here is my proof - I was able to get a picture of the kitty in the window, apparently its gone from the attic to the main floor.
My cop friend phoned me this morning and we are trying to reach the owner, as listed, of the property.  Hopefully she can go to the address listed, and find out if the owner is going there to feed this cat or not.  Not even sure if the owner lives at the address we have.  If I weren't in Newark today, I would be at this listed address, and trying to find out from neighbors if no one was there, if this person lives there.  We need to start somewhere as legally, if the authorities think the cat is being fed, then no one will do anything.  But we need proof, or I need proof.   If this cat HAS NOT eaten in days, I will be sick. 

The other news:   A very, very kind human being in my circle - Julie who runs Another Chance Pet Rescue stepped up to the plate yesterday and offered to take the very very pregnant kitty.  Her group is very familiar with birthing cats, and have had a great success at getting the kittens adopted out when ready, at Petco.   I know I push my limits, and I am forever grateful to her for this offer.  I pulled up to the location this morning ready to grab this sweetheart, but lo and behold, she was not amongst the other four cats that did show.  I thought to myself that I would carry on, go to the other 12 spots, and swing back on my way home.  I did, and voila!  She was there when I returned.  I gently grabbed her by the scruff and brought her to my waiting car and plopped her big fat belly into the carrier.  She is in my 'custody' now, but will hopefully go to Julie's soon.  Turns out she is a very very sweet young girl.  Loud purring after the initial fright.  Here she is in the carrier:

Let me say one last thing.  How can people live with themselves in this neighborhood knowing that this cat is walking around outside ready to give birth to perhaps three - six kittens out in the elements.  HOW?  There are so many cats there.  I need help in trapping and neutering in returning these poor animals before they reproduce again.  So, this is a good good thing, and I am happy to leave this post today on a happy note!  I will continue to find out about this cat that is abandoned on Hayward.  Will let you know!  Also, took so many more pictures this morning, but leaving you with a picture of Jackson, who is the kitty that sits on my chest in my heated car each morning before I have to let him back out.  He needs a home!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment