Monday, April 30, 2012

Happiness is a Direction, not a Place.

So true, we are all trying to get there, but we will already 'be' if we follow its path!  Or something like that.  Hey, I get what I mean!  :)

Another crazy weekend.  Mike may have a foster.  I have been moving him between two bathrooms, a porch and a bedroom.  Its hard keeping an animal for over a week in a tiny enclosed room.  He really likes the diversity, and until he goes to his foster home, thats what he will continue to get! 

In other news, Harry may be getting a new home also.  I will miss little Prince Harry.  He had a fractured hip when I first rescued him.  I kept him confined for a few weeks, but the kitten in him took over.  I couldn't contain him any longer.  He now rolls and romps and has a blast with Rufus and the other kitties.  They take turns grooming each other, its so sweet to watch.  He has become like part of the family and I will miss him so much.  A very beautiful cat.  He is very long haired, beautiful eyes, and reminds me of Digit, who I rescued from Seventh a year ago - they look so much alike.  Digit was limping when I saw him and I thought he had injured his paw, so I grabbed him.  Turns out he has like 8 or 9 toes! and his nails were so overgrown and curled under one was growing into his paw.  After lots of trimming and removing that one nail, he is happy as a clam with my sister as his new mom.

This morning, on my route, I had a woman from HFC and Heather tag along.  We will be doing a massive (10 cats Tuesday, 10 Cats Thursday, and next week the same) trap, neuter, return tomorrow.  An apparently anonymous donor has come forward to pay for 30-50 cats on my route through Lollipop Farm.  The logistics for me are mind boggling and I thank God for Heather for her organizing skills, and for her willingness to help me in the first place.  I just couldn't do it without these other people willing to help.  I am one person, and I obviously cannot do it alone.  I have been  feeding these cats for so long now.  I pray this helps to reduce the population and helps me financially with the food and rescue costs.  I have spent a small fortune, not small, actually large, large enough to not have extra money from hard earned paycheck to take care of the household necessities I've been neglecting for many years now.  I need new everything, and could have had everything, if I didn't do what I do.  But I love these animals, and will spend my last penny on them. 

Have a great day, and wish us success tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment