Thursday, April 26, 2012

Breaking News!

Doot doo doo dew!!!  (thats supposed to be the sound of a bugle) Tulip, a female pregnant cat I rescued from Fernwood and Webster, where I also rescued Timmy, and Gumdrop, and a couple of others, and who I could not tell if pregnant or not, has finally delivered her babies!  I am told five right now, although she was as big as a house, so at this moment, not sure if five was it.  These pictures only show one baby.  Hopefully I will have a better picture for you tomorrow.

Other great news!  Blossom came back from the clinic, along with Mike yesterday.  Nancy, a girl who has helped me trap before, who lovingly took in BusterII and cared for him during his final days of leukemia, and who has adopted four others of mine from the streets, offered to take Blossom!  I just can't believe the compassion in some people.  Its overwhelming to know its out there.  Thank God for her.  Can't wait to get the report on Blossom today.    I share pictures of where Blossom was picked up from on Short Street.  I feed four other cats here, under a porch.




Mike, I am going to try to adopt him out, as soon as I can get a good picture of him.  If I can't, he will be put back on the street this weekend..  I had heard it was going to be rotten outside weatherwise for the next couple of days so I didn't just want to put him out immediately after his surgery.  The papers that came back with him mentioned he was licking his excessively bleeding scrotum, so they suggested to keep him overnight.  He is so sweet, its very very hard to imagine dumping him back on that street again.  Such a sweet boy.  ]
And the final bit of great news for the day.  A girl who has read my blog for years now, moved to Florida a year or so ago, has a sister in law in Rochester that was looking for a cat.  Turns out she works at the same hospital that I do, and lives just down the street from me!  And guess who has a new home???  LAURA~!!  And Maria is MADLY in love with her.  I can't wait to share a picture of "Gypsy" with you, thats her new name!   Here is my picture of Laura/Gypsy, just to remind you of what she looks like.  

"If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is."

4 comments:

  1. Yippee! Congrats to Tulip on her new babies and to Maria on her new baby, Laura/Gypsy! And I can't believe she lives down the street from you. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, way too cool. Thanks Jess! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for Gypsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard the news about Laura/Gypsy from our wonderful mutual friend and was thrilled! Good work J!
    I have a new foster baby too-poor little baby was the one set on fire and dumped in the garbage can.....she's pictured on my FB wall with her foster sibs who make her look like a toy!
    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete