Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday

Today was Day 1 of the Lollipop Trap Neuter Return marathon - they were allowing me to trap five cats today, five cats this Thursday, 10 cats next Tuesday and 10 cats next Thursday.  Let me just say, the morning did not go very smoothly, it was very disorganized, but we did manage to get the five cats.  Two from Central, two from Second, and one from Grand.  In fact the one from Grand looks like Laura's twin.  Suffice it to say, if I still have help on Thursday (as I said, it was a bad morning emotionally for a few of us), it will be more organized.  We will have a better plan, and hopefully we will have communication prior to the early hour of the morning.   I wish we had more volunteers to help with transporting to and from Lollipop, and keeping the cats overnight after they are spayed, and then more help releasing in the morning.  It wasn't fair that one girl had to do all this on her own.   If any one can help out by picking up five cats in carriers from Lollipop either today, or  Thursday around 4:30 pm., and taking with them the five traps they came in, and holding the cats overnight in same van, it would be awesome.  Thats what we need.  But I know most of us work.  I just thank God for what help I have.  We all have one common goal, and that is to get as many cats neutered and spayed as possible, to make this a better world for them.  Its not about us, its about them.  Thats the bottom line, and I have to remember that, and I hope others remember that too when tensions run high.  I would never want to hurt someone intentionally, or make someone unhappy.  I am so grateful that anyone would even want to help me, so I pray this all works out for the best.

4 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention the racoon Heather caught :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You are right! And I forgot to mention how yesterday, when I was followed by a woman to observe what I was doing for the TNR, we all observed two cats 'doing it!' :) And guess what everyone, Heather got that exact female cat this morning! She was most likely PREGNANT TOO!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather was getting that cat that was caught in the act no matter what. She was determined!! At least if she was pregnant it was only 24 hours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on launching this marathon!

    ReplyDelete