Thursday, April 19, 2012

Judgment Day

Jeremiah 25:4

“How long will the ground be dry and the pasturelands parched? The birds and animals are dead and gone. And all of this happened because the people are so sinful. They even brag, “God can’t see the sins we commit.”
 
Proverbs 12:10

“Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.”

Matthew 6:26

“Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”

I had to reacquaint myself just now to certain passages in the bible that speak of God loving all creatures.  This morning, as I went to my last stop, where Sparkles, the pregnant female I had spayed and returned to 4th and Pennsylvania, continues to run and greet me with a roll over and waiting for her morning meal, I pulled up and noticed someone had taken her shelter, the boards, the towels, all were gone.  I was heartsick.  This was a shelter that she and others could go to in storms and such, for protection.  Its against a boarded up house, right next to a church, the same church that I spoke to the pastor that preaches there same time last year who had tried to move my stuff.  After a few tears and words, he didnt' bother my stuff there, until now.  Or at least I believe it was him.  How cruel.  A 'man of God'.  Its cruelty in my opinion, to know that it was helping animals, and you took it away and TRASHED a good shelter that was built with loving hands by my friend Kristin and her husband, and Kristin's art class at Gates Chili.  And those precious boards.  The boards that are so hard to come by.  Shame on you.  You will be judged by God in the end.  I may have to remind this 'man' of that someday.  I placed food and water down for hungry Sparkles, and said a little prayer as I drove away.  I am very shaken up by this.  It will be very hard to replace these items, let alone figure out where to put something new for Sparkles and the others that go there.  Its the cats that will suffer.

Also, the cat I had spayed at the clinic yesterday, I kept on my porch overnight, named him Ally, and he is a he.  I was hoping it would be a she.  I let him back quietly this morning where he came from, and he happily scampered out of the trap he'd been in for 24 hours!  He was a small guy, so he didn't have a hard time turning around in the trap, and he was fed tuna and water, a good meal!

On another happy note, one of the kitties I rescued from Grand Avenue had her babies yesterday.  Yes, more babies.  She was named Raichu by her foster mother.  This is the same woman that has Whitey from Grand, and that had Angel for a brief time. Anyways, thats three litters of kittens born in three days.  Its mind boggling.  And these rescue groups have to deal with all these cats, but at least they are off the streets and the mothers will never reproduce again.  I hope to share pictures someday.

1 comment:

  1. How cruel for a man of faith to take down your shelter for these poor kitties. We should protest!! I'm IN if anyone else is - let the public know what this 'man of god' is really like! Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete