Monday, April 9, 2012

Workers Comp...

is what I wish I had on my 'morning job'.  This morning we had high winds, actually all through the night, and at one of my spots, as I was getting back into the car, the very heavy door closed on my ankle before I could get it in.  Thank God I was getting back in the car when it happened, because I cried the most agonizing cry - its when something really painful happens and the rest of your body goes numb because of the incredible stab of pain where the injury occurs.  This was right on the bone of the ankle.  I winced in pain for at least a minute, felt like a lifetime before the pain went away.  So, off I go to the next stop, and just as the pain has gone away, I got out, did my thing, came back to get in the car, and the SAME THING HAPPENED.  I swear I chipped away some of that bone that second time.  IT HURT SO BAD.  Then, at my third to last spot, I moved a board out of the way to place food down, and the wind hurled it right into the bridge of my nose.  ANOTHER EARTH SHATTERING PAIN.  I waited for the blood to pour out of my nose, but it didn't happen.  GOD, what a bad morning.

But I have some excellent news to share with you.  I had the most busiest weekend, time for nothing but cat stuff, but it was worth it.  I never stopped, seriously.  Between cats and cooking for Easter.  In order of events:  First, Saturday morning, I rescued, with the help of a very nice gentleman who fosters for another group, Pet Adoption Network, the black kitty that I suspected was pregnant, but again, always hard to confirm that in the dark, and she wouldn't let me get too close to her.  YAY!  This gentleman took her home and put her in a cage in his tool shed (a very nice set up if I do say so!), and we had plans that a girl from Another Chance Pet Rescue was going to take her.  So this was good.  Later in the morning, I left to meet the girl from the other rescue group who took two of my other black pregnant cats that had been spayed by her group (Four Legged Friends) out to a barn in Williamson.   We set them up in very nice comfortable cages.    Turns out those cats would most likely be adoptable.  Very sweet but scared.   This was my first time acclimating cats to this situation, so I was very impressed, but also very sad.  I feel every cat deserves a loving warm roof over their heads. I pray this works out.

I had no luck trapping the pregnant kitten either Saturday, Sunday or Monday on Webster and Fernwood, but she is still out there, and all I can do is say a prayer that she survives the delivery.  I had to release two other cats each time trying for the pregnant kitten.

Now some really good news.  Sunday morning, as I was preparing to go to this gentleman's house to get the black pregnant kitty to transport to her new foster home, I got a call saying there was more than one black cat in the cage!  She had her kittens that very morning!  She had three beautiful babies!  All are doing well, and we have three new Easter kittens!  I asked the foster that at least one be named Bunny!  I promise to post pictures as soon as I have them.   Later in the day, I got a call from this foster that Tulip, the kitty I rescued from the same location as where the pregnant kitten is - remember I kept posting that I wasn't sure if the cat was pregnant or not - I just couldn't tell!  I knew she was fat, for sure! - the call came in that she was in labor!  So, I have yet to hear if there are new babies there too!

My next bit of fabulous news, this gentleman told me once he was able to move new momma black kitty out, he would take Jackie in and get her fostered.  So I managed to scoop up Jackie, the kitty that jumps in my lap every morning when I pull up to that spot on Second every single day.  She looks SO grateful to be rescued!  All in all, a great news weekend!  I have the day off, guilt has taken over me because its a Monday and everyone else is back slaving away for the week.  I will post pictures of Tulip, and new black momma and her kittens as soon as I am able.

2 comments:

  1. This post made my day! I'm SOO thrilled that Jackie is finally off the streets. She deserves a real home. Looking forward to the photos. Do you have one of Jackie I can put on the sidebar? Hope your ankle and nose are doing OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I did it AGAIN to my ankle this morning! UGGH! I am SUCH a klutz! Nose still there... :)

    ReplyDelete