Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Animal Stories

Yes, this is what I am feeling this morning.  This past month, I've had a knee problem that is draining me, I had someone hack into bank card this past weekend and use up the money I had to cover my bills that I mailed out on Friday, and I don't get paid until next Friday, I got "the ticket" that I have not dealt with yet, and my car needed a very expensive part which cost me an arm and a leg.  And I have just rescued the ninth or so cat from the street, all but one pregant.  All this past month.  Its gotten to me.  And I had to get out of bed this morning because all these cats were waiting for their meal.  Some of them their only meal for the day, as the raccoons are all over the place.  I saw the pregant baby and the pregnant black kitty, who must be on her second or third litter.  I can't get an appointment with Habitat for Cats until next week, so hopefully these cats will still be around, and won't have given birth by then.  And hopefully they will even come into the traps that I need to set.  Plus I need to find transportation for them to and from the clinic.  I just can't do all of this on my own.  I wish I had some help.  I know, complain complain complain.  Sorry.

Yesterday, I asked my friends and family to send me a little ditty on their earliest recollection with an animal and how that animal affected them.  I only received back two responses, but they were good ones!  I share them with you here, and I do hope to hear from more of you!  Send me a pic along with it!!

"What an awesome idea. I will send you a picture of my love Rahja. She was so small when I got her I carried her around in a basket. We got her on her on May 27th. 1994. My husband died one year later on May 27th 1995. So she was my link to him and helped me through so many rough patches. She was my baby and I miss her often I am sure she is playing fetch with daddy now. "  Mel

"I always wanted a cat growing up but my father hated them.  We always had dogs, never a cat.  On my 13th birthday his best friend brought me a young cat he found in a dumpster at his grocery store he owned.  It was a black and white 6 month old kitten.  I was so happy I cried!  I named her Woobie and she was my best friend.  My father was less than thrilled and retaliated by buying their kids a pony.  HaHa!!  Anyways, much against my wishes, even as a child I knew it was wrong, but they declawed my Woobie, and then used to let her outside too!  I was so upset I used to tie her collar to my nightgown when I went to bed so they couldn’t let her go out. I could dress her in doll clothes, whatever I wanted, she was my baby and let me do whatever I wanted.  I used to paint her back toe nails and even colored her hair on top of her head one time..what a nut I know J  I had Woobie until my early 20s.  She was my first love and the reason I became a crazy cat lady!"  Julie

1 comment: