Saturday, April 14, 2012

In The Heat of the Moment?

I know that we, as humans, can sometimes say things that we wish we can take back.  I know, for myself, that when I say something completely wrong, or stupid, its usually said when I am very upset. But I also know that at that very same moment its said, I am feeling very bad about it, and immediately rectify the situation, no matter how the other person takes it, which honestly, is usually very well, because the circle of people in my life, that experience my emotions, are good good people, or I wouldn't have them around.  I don't hang around people that say and do something hurtful and not have a conscience about it minutes afterwards.


What I am referring to is Angel.  I've been feeding and petting Angel for well over a year now, he is always very friendly and was named due to him doing 'snow angels' in the snow.  He also rolls over for me to scratch him even in the worst of weather, rain, winds, etc.  When I got him in my carrier last Wednesday morning to be brought to the clinic for neutering, he had a severe wound on his nose, that had been getting worse and worse, which I feel guilt for not taking him and getting him treated sooner.  But I thought the clinic would help it a little and at least give him an antibiotic.  I pled to my circle of people to see if anyone would want to foster these sweet boys - just a shot in the dark before I had to return them to their dreaded neighborhoods.  A foster stepped up and offered to take them.  And thank God for her for doing that, I might add.  She had had them for two days and Angel had not been a good boy due to his condition.  He was very injured and was in a lot of pain,because he had not been medicated.  When the foster went to get him out to take him for combo testing, he bit her and went crazy out of the cage.  Now let me tell you, getting bit hurts.  Bad.  But once you start antibiotics yourself, the pain goes away.  Same for cats.  Get it?  So here is a poor animal out of its elements, and in a lot of pain, and its scared to death.   I received a message to 'come get the viscious bastard outta here".  Does this sound like someone that loves cats, or a heat of the moment thing.  Regardless.  Thats all I will say.  The better news:  Another foster met them to get Angel, and is keeping Angel for the week to give him his medications and feed him.  This poor animal has not been treated for over a month for his injury, and is now being treated.  I will have to return him to the streets, as I have no where to place him, but hopefully his wound will have healed by then.   He has had his first dose already.  Thank GOD for this girl's parents who created her, and Thank GOD for allowing her to get to this point in her life to do what she does for the animals.  She is 100% pure love.


By the way, Whitey is negative for leukemia, and Lilliana, who had her babies last Easter morning, the very next morning after I rescued her from Garson, is also now nursing two motherless newborns whose mother was killed.  Thats pure love too.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, poor Angel! I'm glad he got another chance at treatment.

    ReplyDelete