Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Lucky"


No, I was not successful in seeing the little pregnant girl this morning.  I really am beating myself up over not getting her that first morning, but I didn't have a carrier with me, and I know I should have had one with me.  I went back twice yesterday, in the rain, and still no show.  I will go back there again this afternoon and call for her.   The others were there though, as usual.   And I did see Angel, whose nose looks like its healing nicely.  And I finally saw Sparkles, after not having seen her in two days, and I finally saw Jimena, who I have not seen in two days either!  Maybe they were hangin' together!

I did, however, see a little grey kitty with white stripes, as I have for the past couple of weeks here and there, on Fernwood and Webster, where Tulip and Timmy were rescued from.  But today, I could see this little one in a better light, and he actually let me get close enough to pick him up.  I was shocked and saddened, and immediately reacted by placing him in the carrier I had in my car, knowing he wasn't well.  He weighs about three pounds.  Very small, emaciated little boy.  Very very dirty.  I"
 wound up driving straight to the Emergency Vet.  They rejected him for euthanization, telling me to bring him to a shelter.  I have the little one in my bathroom now, and have bathed him.  He is very gentle and loving.  If I only had the financial means, he would be checked out.  I don't.  Thats why its such a crime that we don't have better funding for animals in this country.   I can't even get into this subject now, I want to have a somewhat nice relaxing day today, without my blood pressure rising.  I will be posting pictures here later of "Lucky", and will be thinking of what I am going to do with him, and what I will do when I go back and the soon-to-be Mama is waiting for me to rescue her - fingers crossed.  Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the pregnant girl. You'll get her; I have faith in you! Hope you find a place for the skinny boy, other than your bathroom! I wonder how he got on the streets if he's so sweet. :( Mean people suck.

    ReplyDelete