Friday, April 13, 2012

Its Friday, Yay.

I am in a blah mood today.  I don't have enough hours in my life to do what I want.  I feel guilt all around me, for not doing this, or not doing that.  I know Miss B. would love to see me, I know Wally would love to get out of his house, I know I need to go get those leaves in between my bushes, the ones where you can walk or drive by and they are in your face.  I know I need to clean out my garden beds so that the new sprouts can sprout.  I know I have to go up and finish cleaning the kitchen, the one room I have left after having the interruption of the dental cleaning I had to leave for.  And then I know in another hour I have to get ready to go to work.  Yes, I was supposed to have the day off, but my workload comes first, and I am behind.  Plus, the boss asked me to come in for an event they are having.  So, off I go.

This morning, as I was making my rounds, here is what I counted as far as cats that were waiting for me:  3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 2, 4, 6, 3 - ok, how many is that......  well, its 35, and thats a little less than what it was a month ago.  I know I've made a dent.  I know that.  But its still rough on me, and I don't know how long I can keep doing this.  Its very expensive to feed all those cats.  And its heartwrenching for me to trap.  I hate doing it.  But it must be done.  I have a chance to TNR this Sunday morning, one cat.  I've seen at least three pregnant cats at various places, all in the dark, so its not 100% positive, but I will start at Second Street, and pray for a female.  Wish me luck. 

Also, the update on Whitey and Angel.  Whitey is doing great, a real sweetheart, and Angel is doing not so great.  Its foster cannot give him antibiotics for his injury.  He's just very scared, and he is hurting very bad.  I feel terrible about that.  And they will be combo tested this evening, so fingers crossed! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janine. I am sorry to hear that Angel is hard to medicate. Are they using pills or liquid? Liquid might be easier. I am willing to drive to the vet pharmacy in canandaigua to get liquid meds for him if necessary. I know sometimes they are the only place that can provide liquid meds. Let me know!! I am serious. I know how you feel about having so much to do and no time. I am not sure of the solution, but know you are not alone. Love you!! - Kristin

    ReplyDelete