Friday, April 27, 2012

Vacation Day?

Thats what its called, but its certainly not 'vacation' for me.  It started this morning, getting up at 3 to feed my own brood (they have me trained), only to wipe up the accident on the (thankfully) linoleum floor that my dog Thunder left (has bladder issue).  Finally back to bed only to get up an hour later at 4:30 to go on my 5 am. journey in the hood.  All the usual suspects there, minus the raccoons - I am sure they were lurking though.  Then home to get ready for grocery shopping, and then to Mom's to feed her cats as she is on her quite often weekend getaway (lucky her!).  Then home to drag in the gazillion dollars worth of groceries and cat food, up the steps, down the steps, oh Lord my knees!  Then to begin my major weekend cleaning.  But not before breakfast of course, and then by 10 am., after cleaning up the downstairs bathroom, I moved Mike from the upstairs bathroom to the newly cleaned downstairs bathroom to give him a change of scenery.  The upstairs bathroom, where he has been since Wednesday, only has a skylight, and the downstairs has a nice ledge and window for him to sit on and look out into the back yard.  He really is a sweetheart.  I have now learned how to easily download pics at work, but put me on my own computer, and I can't figure it out!  I got a great shot of Mike last night and I am so mad I cannot show you him, right now at least.  Check out later, maybe I will have figured it out!

There are so many cats out there.  Its getting lighter out earlier now and I can see them all.  There were four at the first stop, four at the second, three at the third, three at the fourth, three at the next, four at the next, three at the next, six at the next, five at the next, two at the next, two at the next, and three at the final one.  How many is that?  I am not going to count.  It makes me sick.  Although big plans for next week for a TNR through Lollipop.  Apparently someone has donated some money to pay for TNR for over 20-30 cats.  Will need all the help I can get, if anyone can?  Mostly transport to and from Lollipop, and release.   My thanks to Heather and Julie from Another Chance Pet Rescue for helping to organize for me, and Karen at  Four Legged Friends rescue for always being there if needed too.

As I was driving home, I saw the dreaded dead cat on the road.  This beautiful kitty.  Someone just hit it and left it to die.  She was so pretty - soft soft colors of brown and orange against a white background.   I gently wrapped a blanket around her and placed her in my car.  She was very light, which means she was either very young, or emaciated.  Whatever the case, she is in a better place now.  I never harden over cats that are killed out there.  I always cry for them.  They deserve to know they were loved in some small way. 

I can't wait for an update on Blossom.  I also can't wait for an update on Laura.  I may have a foster or home for Harry (Prince) on Monday, fingers crossed.  That will leave Buster, Rufus and Midnight.  Yippee!

I must show you the most beautiful picture of Tulip, who just had five babies yesterday, one of my rescues.  Unfortunately, I don't have the picture on my home computer, so will try to figure that one out today also.  Thanks everyone for continuing to reading and commenting on my blog, happy or sad.  Have a great day.  XO

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janine - enjoy your day 'off' - lol!! Count me in to help with the big sweep however I can help - at least with driving. I also have a few crates you can use.
    Blossom's doing great - getting less leary of me everything I go into the room. I'll be betting her by this weekend. She's eating good; just alittle scared still. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man - my typing is getting worse!! I'll be petting her.

      Delete
  2. Heavens...five babies! Can't wait to see her picture. What a lucky gal she is. The numbers of kitties you still see at all your spots is just amazing. However, considering how many you've gotten off the streets can you imagine what those numbers could be?! You are making a difference! Wishing you big time luck for the round up for spay/neuter!

    ReplyDelete