Monday, April 23, 2012

Misery and Jubilation!

Those are quite the opposites, aren't they?  But they were both felt this morning.  Its a blizzard out there, when its snowing, and when its not, it was pouring down heavy rain drops throughout the night.  The wind is howling, and we are expected to receive 2-4 inches by end of today.  MISERABLE.  I was soaked from head to toe. 

Meet Blossom.  This is the pregnant kitty I've been trying for three days to get.  What a morning.  She let me grab her easily, but she is not happy in my tiny bathroom.  I am not sure what I will do with her.   I have two clinic appointments this Wednesday, and may have her spayed and returned to the street.  I am just not sure about this one.  No doubt, she is scared right now.

Gumdrop, the very sick kitty I picked up yesterday morning (see my posts over weekend), is still very sick, and not keeping her food in her.  I will be calling the vet this morning, actually in a few minutes, to make an appt. for him to get tested first, and if negative, see how I can treat him.  If he tests positive, I will have to have him euthanized.  I have no where for him to live out his remaining days, if that.  He is a gentle soul and lets you hold him like a baby.  I love the name Gumdrop my friend Kristin picked out for him.  Gumdrop can weigh any more than three pounds, if that.  The last picture shows how thin he is.  You can feel every bone.  Poor baby, I am SO thankful I got him off the street to where he would suffer greatly.  (and please excuse my clodhopper feet!)




Also, thanks to those who commented yesterday.  I so appreciate your kind words and offer of help.  I am so over my head at this point.  I need help.  (My mother would say a psychiatrist, but I need help physically with these extra cats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment