Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Success!

I had a successful morning grabbing two unneutered males off the street this morning, knowing they have a spot at the Habitat for Cats clinic.  One is Whitey, who is just the most laid back sweetheart from Grand Ave.  I thought he was all that was left, after having rescued about 10 cats from that street since June of last year.  Of course there is always someone lurking in the shadows, and lately I've seen two more coming around when I place food down at the abandonded boarded up house there.  White was very easy to pick up and place in my carrier. 

The second kitty is Angel, who I have written about in the past.  I caution you about his picture.  He has a wound that has been getting worse and worse, and I pray they give him some antibiotic today to help heal him.   I obviously never knew it was this bad, as I do everything in the dark, the poor boy has been suffering, obviously.  He is the little red kitty that lays down on the ground and rolls around to his back for tummy rubs.  He will do that in rain and snow.  Thats why he got the name Angel - as in snow angels!  I am praying that divine intervention happens today and someone wants to adopt these two boys.  I will have to put them back out on the street if no one comes to their rescue.  These two are highly adoptable cats, and beautiful once they heal and beautify from street life.

Their personalities are very sweet.  They would make a great cuddly buddy to someone willing to give them a chance. 

Thank you so much to the two girls who are helping with transport, Nancy and Lorry.  You are both angels for this, I could not do this if it weren't for both of you.  Thanks for reading, and considering adoption for one or both.

7 comments:

  1. They ARE sweet - anyone even THINKING of opening their home/heart for one more, please consider one of these guys. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankkfully one of our AMAZING Another CHance Pet Rescue Fosters will be taking these 2 boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I am so overwhelmed by the wonderful bighearted people in the animal communities throughout this world - there are just so many good folks that I have met since I started this blog. Thank God for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I read that right??? Are they getting a foster home?! I hope that's what it happening. Janine, just wow...look at you go! Amazing things you are accomplishing daily. The smile on your face the past few weeks has to be just huge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a very kind hearted foster names Sarah is taking both of the boys to help them recover and get them ready to find them forever homes. They will NOT have to go back on the street today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Chris, just amazing isn't it??? And look at what you've done all the way from the west coast! You are pretty amazing yourself! Thank you, and you know what I mean!!! XOXOXOXOXO :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT's why you haven't sent me pixs of them to post on FB!! YEAAAA - I'm sooooo happy these guys aren't returning to the street. They're super sweet - I can vouch for it. I bonded with them in the short drive this morning. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete