Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Updates Part Two!

OK, first off, Angel, who was let back out to the streets yesterday after mending and healing at Diane's house for a few days after his traumatic ordeal with his first set of fosters after surgery last Wednesday, was there this morning on Second to greet me.  First thing was a cry 'hello', and then a roll over onto his back for a pat and a scratch.  I was hesitant at first because of the biting he did due to his injury and pain, but he was just as I first found him, lovable and kind.  His nose looks a bit better, and I pray the antibiotics he's already had is enough to finish the job.

Secondly, another of the cats I rescued within the past month, Emma, has had her babies yesterday, all four.  Get a load of these little cuties! 


The next update is about Jack - a/k/a Jackson, a/k/a Jackie.  Here are pictures I've been dying to share with you, its like he is posing for Playgirl, and here is what his caregiver has to say about him:




"He's doing great at his new foster home. He is a real love bug and likes nothing more than to "help" with whatever you are working on. No hiding, no fear or shyness, at all. It turns out that he's both cat and dog friendly and not a bit shy with the dogs. In less than 24 hours (it's usually a week or two) he now has the run of the house. He likes to nap with another older male cat (one of my Garson Ave. street cats that she adopted years ago) and has already charmed his foster pop. His new foster mom is very impressed!"   Thanks Brad!  By the way, you are pretty good at pet pictures!!  :)
I was thinking this morning, as I often do, about how terrifying it would be for most people to go into the neighborhoods that I do in the dark, going behind abandoned houses, placing down food for cats.  But as I've come to learn, these neighborhoods are not as bad as most people think.  Sure, there is a lot of ignorance, and a lot of poverty, which drives people to do bad things, but at least at that time of the morning, they are just like you and me (well, not me, I am NOT sleeping then!) - sleeping, and its safe at that time of day.  And the only ones that charge at me are the kitties that have come to know and trust me.  They are running to me with hungry tummies and thirsty lips.  They are so grateful to have me.  And I am so grateful to God for keeping me healthy just another day longer to care for them all!


1 comment:

  1. Awww! What adorable babies and that mama is so pretty.
    Jackson is such a handsome boy and what a great purrsonality! I love helper kitties.
    Interesting you should mention how many litters you've helped prevent because just today I came across a link with amazing graphics illustrating that very subject. www.catpeediaries.com

    ReplyDelete