Monday, April 16, 2012

Updates on My Babies!


Let me begin by saying thank you to Heather for allowing me a spot at the clinic she works at once a month for TNR'g a cat.  I was able to get a female Sunday morning from Second Street, her name is Sophia, and she was pregnant.  I got another one.  I am so thrilled.  Here is her picture.  I kept her at my house in the trap for the day and night yesterday, and she scampered out quickly when I had to let her loose this morning.  Poor baby, but I do believe she has had sufficient time to heal.  Its going to be a beautiful day today, so I am not too worried about her.  Here is her picture, isn't she lovely! 
I am also proud of the fact, and this was after just yesterday afternoon, having a quiet moment on the porch with her in front of me, while I was sipping a white wine, just how many kittens would have been born if I had not rescued the so far - last count? - 12 pregnant females.  If all had an average of three kittens - that would have been 36 more cats out there.  I am astounded.  And so so grateful to everyone, the fosters, the clinics and the girl with the barn that helped make this happen - only a couple had to be placed back on the street.

Angel is doing much better.  He has been given medicine in his food and we think its doing good.  His caregiver Diane is an angel sent from heaven to have taken him under her wiing with all the other kitties she has to care for, which includes Lilliana from Garson Avenue - the new mamma I rescued, and Tulip from Webster Avenue, who we are still awaiting her babies to pop out.   And I am still waiting for pictures to share with you of Lilliana and Tulip!  So stay tuned on that one!

I also want to share with you the picture of Jackie - Jackie is now Jack - he first was thought to be a male, and I had named him Jackson.  He is the kitty that got in my car when I pulled up and wouldn't leave my lap.  He was finally rescued and will be adopted out soon through Pet Adoption Network.  Thanks to Brad who offered to take him off the street!  Anyways, after feeling Jackson 'back there', I thought, hmmm.. nothing, he must be a she!  So I named her Jackie!  Well, turns out, after getting vetted, she is a he, for sure!  Must have a small package!  ha!  Look at these pictures of him.  He is so beautiful, and I am so glad I was able to get him off the street, on Second.  Well I am having technical difficulties loading his picture on here from a ZIP drive?  Anyone know how to do this, or does this mean the pictures are too large? 

Another update:  Emma is having her babies right now!  Stay tuned!  Here is a picture of Emma the day before!   Emma is another of my rescues!!!  She's just had three so far, as we speak!  :)  Thank you to Wendy, her foster mommy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Good thing Jack can't read or he'd be thoroughly humiliated now! Congratulations on getting another female! 12 is an amazing number for a one woman operation (with help from fosters and Habitat for Cats, of course).

    I've never used a zip drive so I can't help with that one, sorry. Hope I'm not fired. ;)

    ReplyDelete