Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another One!

On my rounds this morning, on Short Street, a black and white cat was crying, and normally, the little ones there stay far away from me.  This one came right up.  I felt her, and she was very pregnant.  I made a big mistake, and left her there, having no carrier in my car.  I tried twice today to get her, by going back, but no luck.  I pray she is there tomorrow.  I did, however, meet the owner of the house that I place the food under the porch of, and he is a very nice man.  He told me it takes a special kind of person to do what I do, and said God was going to bless me.  I thought that was so awesome, to make a friend like that living on such a poverty stricken street.  Many people were out and about, and normally that would frighten me, but they just ignored me and went on their way.  Please say a prayer for a much needed rescue tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying! That was awesome for that man to come out and say that to you. It's good to have a friend in that neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you major rescue mojo Janine! She came up to you once, hopefully she'll do it again. That man was right, it takes a very special person to do what you do. Nice to hear that others recognize that like we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janine, if you're successful and catch this kitty, I can keep her until Wednesday...just a thought. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete