Friday, April 6, 2012

Great Friday! and Harry News...

Its Good Friday today, and I am working, after having gone to physical therapy for my old knee.  Tough getting old!  I have a great boss who has offered us either today, or Monday, to choose as a freebie for vacation.  He's da best.  So, most everyone, including me, wanted today off, so I stood back and said I would take Monday off.  I HATE Mondays, whether I am working or not.  But hey, I can't complain, right?  I STILL have to get up and feed the kitties in the morning, I STILL have to go grocery shopping, and I STILL have to spend nearly four hours cleaning my house - I am extremely rigid in my ways about my Saturday morning cleaning, but if I had Friday off, I would be having a free Saturday morning!  ARGH!  Can't win.

This morning, I skipped one of my spots, where the black pregnant kitty is, and where Red and Talkie hang, in hopes of making Mama Black Kitty very hungry to go into a trap in the morning on Saturday.  A kind man whom I have made acquaintance with recently is willing to take her and keep her until my Habitat For Cats clinic appointment next Wednesday!   I also set a trap for the pregnant kitten, but got a wrong kitty in there.  When I reset it, and came back, there was NO one in sight.  I am afraid they are afraid of my now and that might hinder my trapping in the future.

Otherwise, it was a normal morning for me.  Dull actually.  No raccoons to contend with, no prostitutes out either.  Dullsville.

One bit of news.  Harry (aka Prince Harry) who I rescued due to his friendliness, young age, and primarily his limp on Sunday, went to the vet on Wednesday night, was tested (negative), neutered, and diagnosed with a fractured hip!  24 hours later, he is back in my house, back to purring, walking around my legs for affection, and being as sweet as can be.  We are going to have to treat him gently, and hopefuly with time it will heal on its own.  Surgery costs thousands of dollars, and we certainly don't have that! 

I wish everyone a very happy Easter, and will update you if I have any success in trapping the two pregnant cats this weekend!
"Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice
at the end of the day that says, I'll try again tomorrow."

2 comments:

  1. Happy news for Harry testing negative, whew. But geesh...a fractured hip! Poor little guy. Glad to hear he's purring & happy despite his injury. Good luck trapping & have a great Easter weekend! Eat jellybeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, and thank you SO much for your donation! You are my hero! Hoppity Hop! XO

    ReplyDelete