Friday, March 11, 2011

TGIF

Such heartbreak all around our world. The earthquake in Japan, tsunamis, deadly weather - you would think God is shaking us up - picking up our earth and rattling us - we treat our earth and each other so bad sometimes, I wouldn't doubt if that is what He is doing. This morning was quiet, no signs of the two possums I ran into yesterday on Second Street, they were huddled in the dog igloo I have there, where I rescued the two kittens last fall. No sign of Red, and haven't seen him in quite a while now, last time with a limp. I worry so... There are so many sweet kitties out there waiting for homes...

I spoke to my mother yesterday who just adopted two adult cats I got off the street for her, Nelson and Gracie. You would think that adult cats that have been living on the streets for so long would be hardened to humans, but it has been my experience, 100% of the cats I've rescued (over 40 now?) have all turned out to be the most wonderful, sweet, grateful, well behaved pets to their adopters. My mother can't believe how these two have turned out in the past few weeks she has had them. Nelson (now named Benny) follows her from room to room, and lays on her bed at night. Gracie loves to be on her lap most of the time. These cats are just so grateful for our companionship and giving them a second chance at life. Won't you please consider one of these precious babies for your home?

1 comment:

  1. Humans have so mistreated all of God's creations.
    When will we learn?

    Alan

    ReplyDelete