Friday, March 4, 2011

Childbirth 101

OK, I did it again. I mentioned seeing a cat that looked very pregnant a few days ago at Benny's location. Well, she was out there this morning and was gobbling up food I put down for Benny and the others. I noticed her, and started to move closer and she didn't run. I was able to gently pet her, and then place my hands around her very full looking belly, and sure enough, she let me. I did not have my carrier with me. I thought to myself, how can I keep doing this? I have already overwhelmed Anotherchancepetrescue group this past week with two pregnant cats, and here is another. What to do, what to do. I just could not leave an animal in that condition in these elements, outside. Its unthinkable. So, without even thinking for another second, I grabbed her with one hand by the scruff, and the other around her belly, and actually carried her quite a distance to my car and placed her in my back seat, all without a squabble or cry. I drove straight home, leaving my food at this spot. I managed to get a carrier into the car in my driveway, and placed her in it. She is now in my bathroom, and I am clueless as to her fate. I have never witnessed a birth, nor do I know what to do when it happens. I just don't know what I am going to do. Can anyone offer help or suggestions? I am naming her Daisy. I will have pictures downloaded shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment