Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello Sunshine!


Yes, the sun is out, my heart is renewed, my spirit is invigorated. Yea, right. :) I picked up a LOT of frozen solid stiff as a board towels this morning. I will have a LOT of laundry to do. But put down fresh warm dry towels in place of them and hopefully the babies out there will use them. The straw is for inside the shelters. Under the lean-to's is where the towels go, because the snow still gets in there and it would not make sense to put straw in there as it would get wet. At one of my spots, there are three sweet babies, one is a tortoise, one is a black and white, and the other is a gray kitty. All three desperate for food each morning. I did see Benny this morning he did let me pick him up, if I only had someone to take him immediately, life would be grand. I did not see Boo, who I believe is full-term pregnant. I brought my carrier with me in hopes of grabbing her and bringing her to someone who volunteered to see her through her birthing, but she was not there. I am so worried about her. I will try again tomorrow. I wish she would nest in the straw filled shelter I have at that spot, but they dont' use it for some reason. It was built by my friend's husband, and includes a tiled roof! The property it sits on is someone who is fixing up their home - vacant at the moment - just waiting for him to sell or rent it and then get ready to be kicked out of there, which will not be good for the babies I feed there. I remain optimistic and hopeful that spring is just around the corner, to give these guys a much needed break from the extreme weather we've all endured this past winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment