Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daisy's Update

Well, Daisy survived a very difficult childbirth yesterday. She delivered six babies, the seventh did not survive. They are certainly a miracle, especially knowing the conditions of where they would have been born if I had not rescued Daisy as she went into labor nearly the day I rescued her. I sometimes wonder about the morality of having these kittens aborted before they give birth. Obviously, not at the late stage Daisy was in, but we are overwhelmed in the cat population, and although kittens are easily adopted, more so than adults, do we really need more cats? There is a cat out there now, a sweet little girl, black and white, she lets me pick her up and hold her, and I believe she might be pregnant. I don't know what to do about her. Do I have her kittens aborted, and then let her back out onto the street. I have such a hard time doing that, knowing a cat would make such a wonderful companion to someone. You read about so many situations where you have people that hoard cats and are living in filfty inhumane conditions, and what about those poor animals, who is going to adopt them once they are rescued. What do we do with this? How do we fix this?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to say it but please have her kittens aborted. Then she can be spayed and at least if she is put back out there she'll never need to die trying to give birth in less than ideal circumstances. fyi - I work in rescue and I know how had this is.

    ReplyDelete