Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just Another Bloody Sunday

Thats a song! There was no blood involved, for me at least, today! We had another storm here last night, with lots of rain, turning into ice, turning into snow. It just never ends. There is another 5 inches at least on the ground so far today. Wonderful. I got to my babies this morning and managed to exchange the very wet towels for dry ones, so that they could eat comfortably this morning. I did not see the suspected pregnant Daffy, but I did notice that a pretty torty that I feed is now looking a bit full around her belly. I believe I am a bit shocked this year because I think I was feeding more feral cats in the past than I am now. Now I am feeding out and out strays, they've been out there, and getting pregnant by the second. Its terrible. I now know of two that I believe might be pregnant, and I've pushed my luck with this rescue group, as they've taken in three confirmed pregant babies since last Friday. I am waiting on the results of the last one I rescued this past Friday morning, Daisy, to see if she delivered her babies from her contracting, swollen belly of yesterday. They are all in warm loving homes thank God. Lollypop had their telethon yesterday and reminded its viewers that one cat can produced many litters over its lifetime, one cat can produce one female, and that female will have babies and produce more females, and that is where all this is coming from. I need help. I can't do this alone. I need volunteers to help with trapping and neutering. I need help from vets who are willing to do this at low cost, and won't make you wait for the neutering. Its just overwhelming sometimes. But the good part is I've saved three in a week, and there will be no suffering when they deliver their babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment