Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where The Wild Things Are


As I was out and about this morning, feeding at all my spots, all my kitties... with the new daylight savings time, its very dark out there! You can hear all sorts of sounds... I was thinking, many years ago, this would have been very scary for me to do. Walking in the inner city, where I know bad things happen, and I am going behind houses, into open fields, on the side of boarded up houses, etc. But I have such a confidence - almost a strength to push forward because these cats are waiting for me - they know me and have come to depend on me, so its almost a mindless journey for me. My senses are at their highest peak of the day at that time. I am quick and ready for anything that might happen, but it hasn't so far, and I am thankful for that. There are two pregant females out there, one is very young, a pretty grey girl - unnamed as of yet. The other I've named Mittens, because she is sweet, and has let me hold her in my arms. I must think of a plan for these girls, before they have their babies. I wish we had more homes to take these cats in. I have two friends, whom I won't name, they each have one cat in their house. These friends love to travel, and when they go away, their babies are so lonesome by themselves. I wish they would adopt another cat, and they would have companionship, and I wouldn't feel so bad catsitting for them! Now we will see if they read my blog! HA! This is a picture of my babies, Cosmo and Mary Jane, both rescues! Cosmo was found being stoned by kids on a downtown street, and Mary Jane and her brother Scooter were running across Main Street in January years ago at 5 in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. auntie I think you should name the kitty Lola :p

    ReplyDelete