Thursday, March 10, 2011

BellyButtons!


Did you know that kittys have bellybuttons?? I didn't! Yes, and the mommy chews it away when they are born, and the stump falls off a week or so later! Isn't that (gross) sweet!!! :) I went to visit Daisy's newborns last evening, and they are precious. They are what, two days old? Nestled into their mommie's belly drinking the precious milk. I held one, they are not quite 'cute' yet. They look like little rats almost! Their eyes are not open yet, but they do squeal 'put me back with my mommy'! I also was told that they are blind and deaf when they are born. Can you imagine these tiny things being born outdoors? I can't.

On another note, I was asked by a dog friend (no, its not a dog, she's just into dogs more...) to share this in case there was some interest. I am a huge ANY KIND OF animal lover - it just so happens I feed cats. So, I share this:

"The link I sent you is a message from ASPCA regarding legislation that would greatly help puppy mill dogs. By clicking on it you are brought to an email that you can send to your legislators. I thought your bloggers would be interested in this. Thanks. Kim" http://capwiz.com/aspca/issues/alert/?alertid=32733501

2 comments:

  1. I will figure this out.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Maybe I did.
    I knew about being born eyes shut and deaf--but what always amazed me was that the momma always knew exactly what to do--even first liter. God is amazing.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete