Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet Mittens




Sad news... Mittens tested positive for leukemia where she was brought to for fostering after i rescued her yesterday. They are going to do a second test on her today, hoping it was a false positive. Mittens is pregnant, due to give birth within a few weeks. She is one of the most loveable sweet kitties I've picked up in a long time. This makes me very very sad. If she turns out to be positive, there is no known cure, and her kittens will most likely be positive. She will be euthanized. I have to prepare myself for this. Its sad, but its part of life and we have to accept life as it happens. I am sorry to be so down today, my wonderful readers of my blog, but,,, it is what it is. I can't help it. I wish you a good weekend.
PS, I received the following with the news of Mittens, and just had to share. If this doesn't leave you with a tear in your eye, I don't know what will...
I think God knows when this is going to happen and guides these kitties to a place they will know soft hands, warm hearts and loving words if only for a brief little time. Your hands are soft, your heart is warm and your words are loving. You can't change that, it's your nature and God made you that way for a reason. It doesn't make it any less painful for you but you are an Instrument of God. NONE of us can understand the reason or purpose of this, we can only do what we can. You are BLESSED because you can't look the other way, you're willing and unselfish enough to do what you can for these little souls.
I lost a baby today
The angels came and took her away
They came down and took her sweet soul in the night
On wings so golden and so light
She was just a tiny kitten you see
A small frail baby that was set free
I did my best to give her warmth and love
But it did not stop the angels coming from above
I picked her up and held her close to my heart
and wondered why she had to depart
I feel I've failed this tiny kitten
And my heart breaks as I was so smitten
Then I heard whispers in my ears
As I wept soft warm tears
The angels said she wasn’t meant to stay
She wasn’t meant to live this way
She wasn’t meant to stay for me
Her soul was meant to soar free
So I cry no more for little her
As she is happy and singing her sweet purr
I know I will see her beautiful again someday
When it’s my turn for the angels to come take me away.

Fly free little baby, you were loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment