Thursday, March 17, 2011

Determination


...is all I need on mornings like this. When I awake, I think of everyone else still snuggled in their beds, able to sleep for another two hours at least - for those that get up at 6 for work - and I think how nice it would be to go back to sleep for another two hours... but, I am on a mission each morning, and thats all it takes is determination to climb out. It was a good morning, the weather is getting better, it was dry, and not too cold. But the good news of the day.... drumroll..... is that I also rescued Mittens! She was the last - that I know of - pregnant females out there that I am feeding. I am SO lucky that someone knew someone, and they will foster her. I know I say this a lot, but she is just the sweetest. The moment I let her out of my carrier, she curled up in my lap. Purring loudly too!

Lets not forget that these mothers will need to be adopted into good homes. And lets not forget, rescue cats make the best cats. Cute? Cuddly? Affectionate? Sure. Everyone knows that cats are the cutest pets alive, and the most huggable and petable. Rescue cats are the most affectionate and loyal pets imaginable. What you may not be aware of is that cats are the best teachers! Cats spend most of their time (when they are not cat-napping) trying to teach their human companions about things they should know in life. Here are just a few examples of life's lessons that a talented cat can illustrate.

Life Lessons for Humans from Cats

1.Actually, cat-napping itself is a good lesson."Get plenty of rest, and you will be ready for anything," I say.

2.Ever watch a cat wash himself? "Personal hygiene is essential."

3.Where would the world be without healthy curiosity? Who would discover the next great invention without curiosity? "Learn to be curious, and you will expand your horizons."

4.Patience. Ever watch a cat watching something? "Patience and self-control will enlighten your life."

5.If a cat wants something, he won't give up until he has it. "You have to overcome any obstacle to get where you want to be."

6.Cats are the best at playing. All it takes is a little piece of string. "Playing and having fun add spice to life."

7.Finally, and most importantly, a cat is above all a little ball of love. "Love is the most important lesson of all."

So you see, if you adopt a rescued cat, you will have the opportunity to give a great deal. But you will receive even more. Take it from me, the expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment