Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Benny to the Rescue




Well, it was a 'fun' morning for me. Lots going on... I successfully rescued Benny, was quite easy actually, as he did his usual routine and ran to my car to greet me when he heard me pull up to the curb on Central. This lovely woman named Jan was willing to adopt Benny, and through Habitat for Cats would be fully vetted. Jan came and got Benny from my house, and she brought him straight to the vets, where he tested positive for leukemia. How sad. Benny is such a good boy. I hope that Benny will live a long life, as best as he can, with Jan, and I hope that HFC will support that decision with their continuance of paying for his neutering, etc. Jan is willing to take care of the little guy. Bless her very wonderful heart. I attach a picture of Benny that I took this morning on his first day of captivity.

On another note, as I was securing one of my spots this morning for the soon to be rains we are expecting to have, I turned around and there was a policeman asking me what I was doing this morning. Actually, three of them! My first reaction was - Oh My God, look at me, I must look like a hobo the way I was dressed. Then I remembered, the two things I did manage to do was brush my teeth and apply makeup. Thank GOD for that. Anyways, turns out one told me he loved cats and asked if he could call me if he ever came upon a situation that he needed to find someone to take a cat that he finds on his shift. Of course I couldn't say no, not to a policeman! :) They said they had heard about me in that neighborhood and had no problem with me doing what I was doing. I thanked them for noticing me. Its good to have 'friends' like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment