Monday, March 21, 2011

Soaked to the Bone

B B B B Baad...... Its been pouring out since last night so this morning was not a lot of fun. But out I went anyways... My first spot, someone was into the mischief again because the lean to was down and the boards were all over the place. But they didn't destroy anything so for that small bit I am grateful. I was able to place the lean to back and put food and water, although everything was soaked. I did exchange dry towels for wet, but they way the lean to is right now, I am sure the water would soak them within a half hour after I left. Such is the way in that one spot, where I wish I could eliminate, but yesterday, I did see five cats there, so it won't be easy to find homes, relocate, etc. They are all shy there too. Thats where I just rescued Fluffy from. Fluffy was very friendly. Three great things happened this weekend. First, Mittens, who has been diagnosed with leukemia, was adopted. She was spayed on Friday, and brought to her new home on Saturday. Thank you thank you thank you to her adopter. Such a good heart to want and to care for the sick. Secondly, DEXTER WAS ADOPTED!!! This woman and her son came Petco that day for dog food and wound up taking home a cat! A little hard selling on my part helped too (wink)! :) (AnotherChancePetRescue has graciously allowed me to 'show' Dexter at their Saturday Adoption Days at Petco) I miss my boy very much - I've had him for over a month now, and have grown quite fond of him, and although my other older cats at home weren't so much, I think they miss him too. He is just a young kitty and had too much energy for my old guys. The third great thing that happened was that Lucy, the pregnant cat I rescued last week, was adopted! YES! She was spayed, and then adopted by a really great girl. I am so grateful that all these animals that I've removed from the bad streets of Rochester have found homes. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment