Monday, February 28, 2011

Hope?

Nope. That is not the sense I have this morning. I try to sugar coat sometimes for my readers because I don't want to lose you due to sadness. I know its hard to read things that upset us, but we have to understand that in order to keep our level of compassion, we have to know whats happening out there in order to better ourselves, and our fellow man. To teach compassion, and tell others whats happening, and what we can do to help. I am not sure if that made sense. Anyways, the sense I left each spot this morning, was of despair. It has been pouring rain since the night and each of my shelters was soaked. So the cats could not depend on a safe dry warm spot to nestle in, because of the rickety shelters I have for them, the rain took over. I have a ton of very wet dripping towels. Not only were the towels soaking, but I was. Every fiber of clothing I had on was drenched. So I did the best I could. Now, in the spot where Benny is, whom I have not seen since last week, is Boo. I believe Boo is full term pregnant. I just noticed this for the first time this morning. It sickened me. I just don't know what to do. Do I bring Boo to a shelter? Would that be the most humane thing to do? I know yes is the correct answer, but I didn't have my carrier with me, because I was not expecting to see this. Do I try tomorrow morning? This is why my dream is to have a place to bring these cats where they will not be euthanized, and they will have a safe, warm and loving environment to live their lives out in. I pray that someday something good will happen that will allow me to live this dream of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment