Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just Keep Swimming!



That was a great line from Finding Nemo. And seems quite appropos here. It was a hard morning for me, but I just kept plodding along. I had two spots at a Habitat for Cats clinic, and didn't want to blow it as I have done in the past. I was supposed to have help - more reinforcement if anything - because two of the cats I was going to spay/neuter are both very friendly - but I wanted backup in case they weren't around, but she wound up being ill, so went off on my own. When I got to this location this morning, there was no sign of the two cats I was going to TNR (Trap Neuter Return), just the other two that I have done previously. All four friendly as can be. I had a very hard time returning the other two, but I did. Anyways, I left without placing any food down in hopes that the two would be around later when I came back, and hungry. So off I went to the next spot where I knew I would have to set the trap, that luckily I brought along with the two carriers I was only going to bring originally. Sure enough, when I swung back around after feeding in that area, there was a kitty in the trap, howling loudly. I placed him in the back, put a towel over the cage to quiet him, and went about feeding at my other spots. Its just hard sometimes, getting in and out of my car, I need an SUV, getting my water, dry food bag and wet food container, spinning my head around like Linda Blair from the Exorsist making sure there is no one lurking waiting for me, and placing food in the dark. And look around for the racoons that consistently eat the food I place down shortly after I leave it for the hungry cats every day. Anyways, after doing all my spots,I went back to the one I originally was going to get two cats for TNR, and sure enough, there they both were! So I could only get one, and she is SO sweet. I went to take pictures but my internal memory in camera is full, so hopefully will get one when I get her back to stay the night recouperating before I have to let her go tomorrow. When I brougth these two babies into the clinic, I was amazed by all the other people there that had done the same thing. They had cats trapped to be neutered. I sometimes think I am the only one out there doing this, there are just so many, and so many newborn kittens. I just wish I had some help in the area I am doing! The picture is a drawing done by my talented good friend Kristin who just this weekend was coming home out in Churchville from her very own surprise party, and came upon a kitten mother and her five newborns that were - we believe - dumped in a cornfield. She has rescued them and has them at her house desperate to find homes for them. I attach the poster she created also. She is SO talented. If you would like to purchase any of her art, or you have a special pet you would like remembered in this way, please let me know! Be sure to click on the pictures to make them bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment