Sunday, August 28, 2011

Whitecaps on the Water

Well, my day started out pretty bad. And I do say that knowing its not as bad as some. The eastern part of our country is experiencing a huge hurricane, and there are people that haven't had anything to eat for days in Africa, and in America for that matter, and there are people out there who have lost their homes, or someone in their life precious to them. But allow me my little pity party for now. It started with cleaning out a mess OUTSIDE the litter box for one of my kitties that has diabetes, she just can't seem to get it right these days. Then I discovered a very large puddle in the same room, and I am sure it was done by a different cat, and that is because I am fostering two kittens, and my older cats are really fighting this. They do not like it, as I have finally figured out by whats been happening since the kittens have been here. I have found MANY accidents around my house, enough to make me think I need to buy a new couch. I am very upset about this but don't know how to resolve it, unless to get these kittens adopted. Anyways, after mopping up the puddle with paper towels, I mindlessly threw them in the toilet and flushed. Minutes later, I heard a noise, looked in and saw the bathroom floor flooded, and water gushing over the toilet. I grabbed every towel around me and began wiping that up, but that was after I reached in the toilet to pull out the obstruction. YUCK. In the meantime, there was so much water, it started to flood the basement. Now, this is ALL before 5:15 am. So that mess was cleaned, and out I go into the wild winds of Rochester. There is no way that the food I placed this morning would be there for long. The wind will be carrying that away in the containers I place. On top of that, at one location, the man has removed all my boards and wants me OUT. I am going to have to go over there and try to talk to him. I just can't believe its hurting him, or his family, to have this small out of the way shelter in the very corner of his large yard. On top of that, its teaching his children compassion. But some people are just plain mean. Oh what a day, what a day. I had a garage sale yesterday, in hopes of making some money to help me with the expenses of feeding my herd each morning, and I made a whopping $53. And some of that came from my own family feeling sorry for me! Its just not my time right now, and tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment