Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I DID IT!

Look who we have here! A new rescue! This little guy has deformed back legs, and his front paws are very odd also. His ears are half the size normal kitties have. It was very dark and scarey this morning at 5am. I've been stopping at this particular corner recently due to seeing kitties here, and have been placing food and water down. There is no shelter, and it is so out in the open, and on a very busy and poverty stricken area of the city - its on my way to my normal spots. I've seen this little guy walking oddly, but didn't think anything more, until yesterday when I got up closer to him, and picked him up. Thats when I saw his legs, very crooked. Reminded me of Tiny Tim. I had to get him, so thats what I did! So, because he is so special, I wanted to name him after my father Stanley, who passed away when I was around 11. Its temporary for now, I need to get used to it, but I do love the name! Its hard sometimes to come up with names to fit the kitty, but this little guy is so extra special! He loves to rub his nose with mine. Very sweet. Now, say a prayer that when I get him tested, he tests negative! He can then be adopted! When you look at the pic, and click on it to enlarge it, remember, this is my spare bedroom, and that rug needs to be shaken! I am not a slob! :)
PS, my co-worker who's puppy Blue passed yesterday wrote the following: we had flowers sent to his house the day Blue died. I am sharing this because its something I think we've all felt with a dog, or any animal, there are certain moments where you really feel the void our beloved animals leave when they pass...
"Thank you for the flowers...It was the first time in ten years that our doorbell rang without hearing Blue's intimidating response. The quiet that followed was unfamiliar and somewhat difficult to accept. Nevertheless, it was a memorable moment of silence, and the flower arrangement was a great gesture. Thank you all for your support."

1 comment:

  1. oh Janine your coworkers note hit home. I remember when clients would come after Rahja passed and the quiet of no barking-no rahja made me miss her more. How very sweet of you all to send them flowers. You are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete