Thursday, August 25, 2011

Some Days You're the Bug; Some Days, the Windshield!

This morning... well, lets just say it started for me at 1:30 am. or so, just when the storm blew into Rochester. We had some really hard rain, some really loud boomers (thunder) and some really wicked lightening. From that point on, I probably caught a total of an hour of zzz's until I finally crawled out of bed at 4:15 am. It was a really tough night. First thought, is that rain I feel on my head?

So you get up and close the window, 2nd thought, the cats must be so scared... 3rd thought, did I close the windows on the porch?... 4th thought, I hope the kitties that have no homes have found shelter, and I hope they aren't scared to death. All these thoughts going over and over in my head. Not just that but the thunder was just SO LOUD, who could sleep? But I trucked out there and its almost as if the heaven's closed up for me, just in time, because at 5:10 am.,the rain had pretty much ended. I was so thankful. Not that I have had a really bad hair week already! But it would have been just a tad worse than worse if I had to go out in the pouring rain. I changed a lot of wet towels and blankets at my locations, and there were a lot of hungry and sick kitties waiting for me. Thank God I have my health, even though I don't feel too great these days, just trying to get over a nasty summer cold.

I also want to touch on another subject, totally not cat worthy. Why do people have to drive in the passing lane on two lane highways? Those lanes on the left are meant for passing a car on the right, ONLY. Not to be driven in, especially if someone is trying to pass you! And why do some people feel that they need to control my speed? If I want to drive faster than 55, let me! Just move over, let me pass, and then you can go back to the passing lane, if you must! Also, why when you start to pass a car on a back country road, they speed up as you are trying to pass them? Whats wrong with people? Since I've been travelling to Newark each week, I have seen the mean side of people more than I've cared for. I've wanted to put this gripe in the editorial of a newspaper for so many years, but never did. At least I can do it now, on my own blog, even though no one will probably read it. Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I did read it and I totally agree about the drivers. Happens to me at least 3 times a week driving from Longmont to Loveland. I am going to make up a pretty sturdy poster that says "stay left except to pass". Let's see what they do!

    ReplyDelete