Sunday, August 14, 2011

Soaking Sunday

My intention this weekend was to rescue a very pregant cat, same place as where Tiny Timmy was rescued, but she was not around this morning. Instead, I managed to grab two of the three kittens - mommy is friendly, must get her fixed - they are both girls, and they look almost identical. Like the
Bobsey Twins - must think of good names. They are between 2-3 months old. They were covered in fleas, but my friends at AnotherChancePetRescue allowed me to bring them over to Irondequoit Petco and get them combo tested - negative - phew! - and were treated for the fleas. They are cozy in a small room in my house now, able to sit in a window, but with the storm outside, are just as happy in the carrier I am keeping in there for them. I pray their sibling and mama are doing well. Will be trying to trap the mama tomorrow morning to get neutered, and then unfortunately, will have to put her back on the street, due to no home for her. Thats the hard part, these cats are so sweet. I will have pictures to share tomorrow of the kittens. I must get them adopted! Tiny Timmy was brought to a potential adopter on Friday, and I am still waiting to hear if he has a new home there. Will keep you posted! I have a golf tournament through work I have to participate in - praying it doesn't get rained out - and have self diagnosed myself with both strep throat and bronchitis - so may not be on here must tomorrow, trying to get in to see a doctor! So, fingers crossed for me and the critters!


1 comment:

  1. It's far better to put them back out spayed/neutered then to leave them unaltered to keep reproducing and continuing the vicious cycle. Think of all the unwanted and unloved babies you will be preventing!

    ReplyDelete